This detox is a quick plan to help cleanse the body and boost your immune system through high levels of Anti-oxidants, Beta carotene, Chlorophyll and lots of other goodies in vitamins and nutrients. This plan is excellent for those wanting a quick immune system boost.
This detox requires you to eliminate all processed foods, coffee, added sweeteners, salt and wheat products. The huge variety in this detox will keep it from being boring and includes tea, fresh vegetables, fruits, and nuts. Energy levels should stay high. There is some protein from chicken, yogurt, protein powder, etc. to help keep you balanced with all of the healthy carbs you are ingesting.
The highlights of this detox are the abundance of dark berries, dark leafy greens and the number of “super foods” (kale, spirulina, etc.) scattered throughout the recipes.
What you can expect? For the most part this should be an easy detox. There may be some slight withdrawal symptoms the first daily if you’re used to consuming a lot of coffee and sweets. But the tea and high amount of fruits should easily be enough for most people.
Calorie intake daily runs just about 1200-1500 cal per day. This is not a starvation plan for sure; you should feel pretty satisfied with each section. There are two snack recipes included for those “in between” times to keep you from feeling too hungry. Most of the recipes were designed for a man my size so if you need to and are feeling full you don’t have to finish the entire meal.
This Detox plan is designed for high energy people who are very active. I don’t recommend this for a pregnant or nursing mother, or someone recovering from any type of surgery, and someone with diabetes should avoid it unless approved by doctor.
1. You must drink at least 8-12 glasses of clear, fresh water daily (depending on your needs). When you get hungry drink a glass of water.
2. You should take a high potency multi-vitamin Daily
3. Each Day starts with an energy/immune booster Green tea:
Green Tea with Garlic and Lemon: Place green tea in water for 5 minutes, Add 2 cloves of fresh garlic and let steep for 2-3 more minutes, Remove the garlic cloves squeeze half a lemon into the tea and drink. The garlic in this recipe will make your tea taste more like a broth. Just try to enjoy it. It is a very important part of boosting your metabolism and energizing your day.
4. Make as your Daily Snacks:
Super Anti Oxidant FRUIT SALAD: 1 Mango, 1 cup Blueberries, 1 Pomegranate, and 2 teaspoons lime juice. Slice the mango and cut in to small pieces place in bowl, add blueberries, slice pomegranate in half and bump out the seeds over the mango. Squeeze lime juice over, toss and serve. Makes 3 servings use at various times throughout the cleanse when you get hungry.
Anti Oxidant Snack Mix: 8 oz almonds, 1 cups craisins, 5 oz sunflower seeds, and 6 oz dark chocolate chips. Place in bowl and mix. Use throughout detox as a snack. Make sure the packages you purchase aren’t products with sugar or salt added.
1. Drink Tea
2. Breakfast Chocolate Morning Wake-up: Combine 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 cup baby spinach, 1 banana, 2 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder, 2 Kale Leaves, 2 tablespoons protein powder, and 1 cup ice in a blender. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately. (Makes 2 servings.)
3. LUNCH SMOOTHIE: Blueberry Protein Power "Shake": Combine 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, 1 frozen banana, 2 cups frozen blueberries, 1 scoop (1/4 cup) protein powder, and 1 cup ice in a blender. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately. (Makes 2 to 4 servings.)
4. Dinner Baked Lemon Chicken with Green Salad: 2 4 oz Organic Chicken breasts take one lemon slice in half squeeze the juice onto the chicken then place chicken breast in baking dish along with lemons and bake until done.
Prepare a vinaigrette made with 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon dried oregano Make a salad with 2 cups mixed greens, 1/4 thinly sliced red onion. Toss salad with dressing and top with 1/2 thinly sliced avocado and few radish slices.
5. Fruit Salad and nuts as snack as needed throughout the day
1. Drink Morning Tea
2. BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE: The Breakfast Blend: Combine 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, 2 cups baby spinach, 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, 1 frozen banana, 1/4 cup Kale greens, 1 teaspoon spirulina, and 1 cup ice in a blender. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
3. LUNCH SMOOTHIE: The Super Green: Combine 1 cup coconut almond milk, 1 cup baby spinach, 1 Kale greens, ½ banana, 2 cups blueberries, 2 protein powder, 1 tablespoon spirulina, in a blender. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
4. Snack on Fruit Salad and nut mix as needed
5. Broccoli Anti Oxidant Salad: ¼ cup nonfat Greek Yogurt, 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp honey, 2 cups Broccoli, 1 cup red seedless grapes, 1 carrot sliced, 1 sliced celery stalk, 1 Avocado, peeled and sliced, ¼ cup walnut pieces. In a bowl mix together yogurt, mustard lemon juice and honey, this is your dressing. Steam the broccoli for less than 3 minutes then place in ice water to chill and stop the cooking. Place in a salad bowl with grapes, carrots, celery walnuts and top with avocado. Toss with the dressing.
1. Drink Morning Tea
2. BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE: Chocolate Morning Wake-up: Combine 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 cup baby spinach, 1 banana, 2 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder, 2 Kale greens, 2 tablespoons protein powder, and 1 cup ice in a blender. Blend until smooth and serve immediately.
3. Snack on Fruit Salad and nut mix as needed
4. LUNCH SMOOTHIE: The Green Sunshine: Combine 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 2 cups baby spinach, 1 banana, 1/2 red apple, 2 Kale leaves, 1 tablespoon spirulina, and 1 cup ice in a blender. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
5. DINNER: Brussels Sprout Clean Green Salad: Make dressing with 2 teaspoons honey, 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Toss dressing with 1 1/2 pounds thinly shaved Brussels sprouts, 1/4 cup craisins or dried cranberries, and 1/4 cup thinly sliced toasted almonds, Top with a little grated Pecorino Romano cheese.
Grocery List (EVERYTHING you'll need for the next 3 days):
Produce (All Organic)
2 Whole Garlic
1 Bag Mixed baby Greens
1 red Onion
1 Mango (frozen if fresh not available)
2 heads Broccoli
1 Container Blueberries (or frozen)
1 Bag Red Seedless Grapes
2 Bags of Baby Spinach
1 Bunch Celery
2 Kale bunches
1 Red Fuji Apple
1 Bunch Bananas (at least 5)
1 ½ lbs. Brussels Sprouts
Groceries (All Organic if Possible)
Organic green Tea Bags
1 Bottle Extra virgin Olive Oil
1 Bag Almonds
1 Small Jar Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 Bag Craisins
1 jar Local Honey
1 Cnt Sesame Seeds
1 Pint Plain Greek Yogurt
1 Bag Dark Chocolate Chips
1 sm Jar Dijon Mustard
1 Cnt Dark Chocolate Powder
1 sm Bottle Apple Cider Vinegar
2 cartons Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 4 0z Organic Chicken Breast (Boneless)
Grated Fresh Romano Cheese
1 Container Protein Powder (note: choose a brand from Whole Foods or Local Health Food store that is cold processed whole food whey concentrate made from organic fed cows not treated with growth hormones or antibiotics). If you don’t want to use whey protein use a hemp protein powder (also available at Whole Foods)